Sunday, July 6, 2008

Movie Review: The Corruptor


In my every day life, I would not have picked up this film and watched it. Though unlike most other bad ones, I did watch, well listened, to the entire thing. Yun-Fat Chow and Mark Wahlberg star as a pair of cops in New York's Chinatown trying to sort out the morase of gang violence.

The Chinese gang unit tries to keep the peace by a certain amount of pay off and looking the other way. An aggressive gang comes onto the scene and starts blowing people up and when that fails to get their target they go overkill on them.

I had a boyfriend when I was 18 who loved the show "CHiPs" for the car chases. I'm sure Adam would love this film. Plenty of shoot em up action too. The only "relationship" aspect figures in the partnership between the two cops. Not a good way to keep a chick watching, but it's not for people like me.

Lakeside has the DVD.

Buy the DVD on Amazon
The Corruptor (New Line Platinum Series)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have this movie (of course) and I enjoyed it. It's more of a gritty take on the 'cop buddy' films. Now I'm going to have to watch it again lol... Definitely a movie for me - girls who like action flicks. Keep up the reviews, I love them. See ya soon I hope

herm

CourageUs said...

I sit corrected