Friday, July 25, 2008

Movie Review: Clan of the Cave Bear


I've read four of the novels that begin this series. I'd encourage you to check out Jean M. Auel world. The film follows the story fairly well, some details make more sense in the books.

We look in on a divergent world where a Cro-Magnon woman orphaned as a child is raised by a group of Neanderthals. Her creative mind drives her to try hunting, a skill reserved for men. When she's found out, she's banished for a month.

I knew the story so I could deal with the subtitles, but they are a bit annoying.
Daryl Hannah plays the lead Ayla and does a pretty good job. I wouldn't nominate her, but she looked the part.

Spend a couple hours and see an interesting different film. Bandon has the DVD and a handful of VHS copies in Coquille, Dora and Coos Bay.

IMDB
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0090848/

Buy the DVD on Amazon
Clan of the Cave Bear

No comments: