Monday, July 7, 2008

Movie Review: City Slickers


Billy Crystal stars as a New York family man who has a mid-life crisis where he gets it into his head to go on a cattle drive. Jack Palance wins himself an Oscar nod for his portrayal of grizzled old saddle hand Curly Washburn.

Though this has way more humor than a dramedy should, you'll start to feel saddle sore and determined to get them dogies home. Hopefully you don't need to go through what Crystal's character does just to learn to value friendship, family and life itself.

I had this on my good list until I ran out of gems. I decided to up it's status and I'm glad I did. It really is a fun entertaining movie. Coos Bay has the only copy of the DVD. Coquille, Coos Bay, Dora, North Bend and Myrtle Point all have it on VHS. I would avoid the sequel, it's just the same movie for no apparent reason.

IMDB
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0101587/

Buy the DVD on Amazon
City Slickers

No comments: