Sunday, July 27, 2008

A couple of Soso Science Fiction


Almost nothing on this animated series on IMDB but it's almost watchable. It's a bit like Men in Black the cartoon without the cleverness. A group of militaristic spies discover aliens live among humans. Their based in Roswell, New Mexico.

The crude animation and convoluted plots detracted from my enjoyment. Wow, Bandon calls this a child DVD, but I don't think kids would like it.

IMDB
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0289824/

Look on Amazon for more information:
cRoswell Conspiracies - Aliens, Myths & Legends - Bounty Wars


At least here we have a film with a name in it. I had this in watchable but then I changed my mind. (funny, didn't I say something similar about the other one??) Forrest Tucker stars as a United Nations investigator of strange phenomenon. He meets a couple girls on a train and they all stop in a village where mysterious fog seems to be killing mountain hikers.

This formulaic science fiction B reel seems well suited for Saturday morning "Creature Feature." When we finally see the alien, alas, it really let me down. Not that I expected much, but come on. And I really need a reason for alien behavior. Why did it do what it was doing, where did it come from, why did it go away the last time. Like that.

Find this creepy DVD in Bandon also.

IMDB
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0052320/

Look for the DVD from Amazon:
The Crawling Eye (Widescreen European Edition)

No comments: