Thursday, July 31, 2008


Some people LOVE Woody Allen and think as a writer/director he can do little wrong. I am not one of them. I do very much love Sleeper , however, many of his later comedies, this one in particular, don't strike me as funny.

Overall I didn't care and didn't laugh but I have to give him props for the absurdity of one scene in particular. Mia Farrow's character comments that when her ex husband slept with her best friend, they didn't have to do it in HER four poster bed and they didn't have to eat all her pistachios. That made me stop the movie to laugh myself off the couch. I don't recall the other topics of the little gem moments here and there, that one just meant something to me. Why couldn't the whole film be of that caliber? Sigh.

The plot involves philandering husband, Martin Landau, dealing with his mistress threatening to talk to his wife about their relationship. Juxtapose that against Allen being forced to do a documentary about his successful brother in law. Alan Alda always puts forth a watch worthy performance and thanks to him, I wasn't totally bored.

Bandon has the DVD and there's a copy of the VHS in Coos Bay.

IMDB
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0097123/

Buy the DVD from Amazon:
Crimes and Misdemeanors

No comments: