Tuesday, October 21, 2008

TV Series Review: Cracker


NOT the Brit version, which I have not seen. Maybe that's why I liked this well enough. A psychiatrist with his own mental problems helps the police solve murders. We've all seen this kind of thing. Someone who has the brains to profile and observe behavior. This show just has the person be a shrink rather than a cop.

We see him struggle with his wife and kids and generally mess up his life. I like Robert Pastorelli and Carolyn McCormick (the Mrs). I think they both do a good job of getting me into their characters.

My problems come when after a few episodes it's clear this guy just can't find happiness. His job has nothing to do with that. He just refuses to stop using people like doormats. Sometimes lack of self awareness can entertain, other times, it's just pathetic to watch. It wasn't long before I started to turn away in disgust.

So this starts out good and degrades into dull. Bandon has the DVD of the series. If you check it out, pay attention that the DVDs are two sided. I had to go back and watch some episodes.

IMDB
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0118290/

Look for this DVD on Amazon:
Cracker - The Complete US Series

No comments: