Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Movie Review: Crime Broker


Jacqueline Bisset plays a no nonsense magistrate who arranges thefts in her spare time. She contracts with criminals who perform the acts she carefully plans. Her bad guys don't always follow her instructions to the letter and this makes a mess for her to try and clean up.

A Japanese policeman, Masaya Kato, finds her out and blackmails her into taking on a big score. He kills the guys she was working with and arranges that she'll be blamed for the murders.

Made for TV in Australia, it held my attention throughout. I liked it much better than some of the American made crime dramas. Bored smart people strike me as really dangerous. It went directions I didn't expect and kept me watching.

Make a nice batch of popcorn and invite some friends over. Look in Bandon's collection for this DVD.

IMDB
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0106622/

Buy the DVD from Amazon:
Crime Broker

No comments: