Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Agatha Christie Films


Some say Peter Ustinov epitomizes Hercule Poirot. I felt he left his characterization half done. None of the leads impressed me terribly much. We get a nice splash of Bette Davis, Mia Farrow and Angela Lansbury.

The director positively squandered David Niven's talent. Maybe he should have played Poirot? Would it have mattered? No. I think they just failed to put energy into the script. The sites seemed staged and unreal.

All the slight of hand showed and I figured out who shot who pretty quick. Ah well, love this kind of stuff? Head to Myrtle Point for the DVD.

IMDB
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0077413/

Buy this DVD from Amazon:
Death on the Nile



David Suchet makes a far better detective than the above lead. Though the story plodded along. A blackmailing lady dies on a plane trip. This whodunit. teased my brain and I didn't figure it out. I think more of a script that does a good job of distracting me.

If you like the genre, see TV series versions. Leave the Hollywood for later. Pick up this DVD in Coquille.

IMDB
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0398545/

Buy this DVD from Amazon:

Death in the Clouds

No comments: