Monday, October 20, 2008

Dave Chappelle

I'm a little confused about the Dave Chappelle situation. I thought I had reviewed his TV show but I looked and didn't find it in my archives. So this is more or less a commentary on his comedy special, but I'll link to his show as well. It has some very similar elements.


Dave Chappelle loves to compare and contrast black and white philosophies in a funny way. He speaks from his heart and draws silly conclusions. He's definitely not for everyone, and he uses a lot of profane language and situations in both his comedy specials and show.

I enjoy the different point of view. Sometimes he goes really far but I find he brings me back to his point. He'll say something woefully sexist, but he's only making a point. Give him the benefit of the doubt and wait till the routine comes back around.

Some of the shows really made me laugh. Like with Wayne Brady who has a reputation of being super nice, takes Dave on a drug filled shooting spree. Try and put yourself in the point of view of the people doing these comedy routines. They use absurdity to make points.

Two disks of the Chappelle's Show and the comedy special are in Bandon.

IMDB Chappelle's Show
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0353049/
IMDB For What It's Worth
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0424934/

Buy both these programs on DVD from Amazon:
Chappelle's Show - Season 1
Chappelle's Show - Season 2
Dave Chappelle - For What It's Worth

No comments: