Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Movie Review: Cyrano de Bergerac


José Ferrer stars as the lead and won himself an Oscar back in 1951. It feels like a morality play with melodramatic language, fighting and acting. I didn't really like the style so my rating reflects what others consider "great."

Everything in black and white made the fight scenes seem especially dark. Our hero never gets winded and always makes long speeches as he routs hundreds of men. The fake nose looked stupid.

Ok, maybe I should stop and just give the links. It was a few months back I watched this and I didn't like it as well as others. Choose for yourself. SWOCC has the DVD and a VHS copy. Check Coos Bay for another tape version.

IMDB
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0042367/

Buy the DVD from Amazon:
Cyrano de Bergerac

No comments: