Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Day Three, Double Post Week


I feel conned out of two hours of my time. Dustin Hoffman plays this crazy mean old crime boss who works with con artist Edward Burns, to bilk a bank out of millions.

This plays out like a typical steal from greedy bastards justifies cheating people out of money kinda films. Nothing new and interesting here. Maybe I'm jaded, but I've seen it all before and I'm sure I'll see it again. Hoffman was so over the top as to take me out of the suspension of disbelief.

Maybe I'm not world wise, I dunno. I so totally wonder if people really acted like mob bosses in these movies, if anyone would work for them. You can get killed for the smallest slight. That's just inane. Someone would see that and walk away.

Coquille has the only VHS version of this film. Look in North Bend, Bandon and Lakeside for the DVD.

IMDB
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0310910/

Buy the DVD from Amazon:
Confidence


Yep, Crash, the Academy Award winning film. I didn't like it. It takes place over two days where people have trouble with a whole bunch of race politics. It all seemed to confirm stereotypes while defending the racist attitudes. That whole, "you never know how someone came to feel the way they do," plot point. I didn't buy it.

Nothing about these people drew me into the story. Every character had a weird agenda and acted in a way contrary to realistic reactions.

I didn't like the story line jumping around in time. I found it confusing. I see why they did it, but I don't think they transitioned it well. I didn't enjoy it enough for multiple watchings it needed.

I don't even remember Sandra Bullock, but Don Cheadle and Terrence Howard are the only reason I didn't call this a dog.

You may have a different opinion. Check out Bandon, Coos Bay, Coquille, Myrtle Point and SWOCC for the DVD.

IMDB
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0375679/

Check out the information on Amazon:
Crash (Widescreen Edition)

No comments: