Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Soso Seconds, Two reviews.


Inhabitants of a small Kansas town cope with life after nuclear war devastates their community. Jason Robards stars as a local doctor. He helps as best he can, but there's little he can do.

I chose not to watch this again. I saw it years ago and it's quite graphic and depressing. Yeah, that's the point. I don't consider that as the reason for calling it merely adequate. I want things I watch to enlighten me in some measure. I'm pretty sure I knew even before this film that war devastates real people.

Look in Bandon or Coos Bay for the DVD

IMDB
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0085404/

Buy the DVD from Amazon:
The Day After



Dennis Quaid stars as a climate scientist who warns of an imminent weather catastrophe. This absurd film features water filling up and instantly freezing New York City. They so lost me with their action adventure special effects drivel that the only reason this isn't a dog is because the actors didn't play it campy.

It's OK as an adventure, but don't try to apply any logic to the ideas. The importance of paying attention to our planet gets so lost in this film. Thousands if not millions of people die and what are we all supposed to do? Clap at the end? Not me.

I got the library to work for this one. Bandon, North Bend, Myrtle Point, Dora and Coquille have copies of the DVD.

IMDB
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0319262/

Buy the DVD from Amazon:
The Day After Tomorrow (Widescreen Edition)

No comments: