Sunday, April 6, 2008

Movie Review Cheaper by the Dozen 1 and 2


I'd really like to see the old one from the 40s but the copies the library has are missing or damaged. That's a real shame, because I really liked the second one of those.

These Steve Martin, Bonnie Hunt semi stinkers left me wondering what people are thinking. Yep, life is about choices and if you choose to have a big family, you choose to deal with the consequences of it. I grew up watching my friend Jessie's chaotic home life. Her mother had seven of her own and married a guy with five.

None of the chaos in the film felt authentic. It was all "move made up." Now I can cope with that if it'd entertained, but it was just a big yawn fest. I like Bonnie Hunt, I think she's pretty and interesting, but I just don't believe her when she plays someone. Ever. Sad really. I want to.

Library: Dora, Myrtle Point, Bandon, North Bend

IMDB http://imdb.com/title/tt0349205/


Lets take the first film and send everyone to a lake. Though it was better than the first with Eugene Levy added to the cast, it still didn't rise into a worthwhile use of your time.

Martin and his brood compete against a rich stuck up guy who treats his kids like toy soldiers. He expects them to do well in everything and be what he wants, Baron Von Trapp in a track suite.

Library: Coos Bay, Myrtle Point and Lakeside

IMDB http://imdb.com/title/tt0452598/
.

No comments: