Saturday, April 19, 2008

Just a couple thoughts

No review today. I've just been thinking about the reason for this blog and I thought I'd say a few words. I wanted to keep myself writing a little every day.

I think I'd addressed the issue of writing a review in college. I found it the hardest thing to do. It seemed as though I had information overload. Studios send you tons of material. You get the complete synopsis, photos, little post cards and just sundry land fill fodder.

I went to see Armageddon at a press screening but the film I reviewed was Starship Troopers. I actually paid money for that, but we had the press packets for both. Armageddon gave away count down clocks. I don't remember if they were real clocks too but I do remember they counted down to release date.

So my reviews are short and sweet both because I sort of find them tough to write and because I don't want to create more noise about the entertainment industry. Here, it's about the library.

My hubby and I are looking to update our tv because of the change over to digital. In the process we've been looking for a digital video recording option. Right now, I use VCRs. three of them for shows on at the same time.

I like the old technology and I found a benefit that I hadn't considered before. It's also a drawback but whatever. I set my recorders to catch at set times. If for some reason the network changes the schedule I see something new. A few months ago I started getting ABC's Eli Stone. It really grew on me and now I record it on purpose. If I had a dvr, it would have just avoided recording this new show because it would have changed the time of the show I wanted.

Sadly this is all coming to an end. I don't even know how I'm going to get all the shows on a dvr and they're spendy. A couple hundred bucks just to record one program at a time. Ah well, I'll live I suppose.

That's what's on my mind today.. off to the homeshow

No comments: