Monday, April 28, 2008

Movie Review: The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford


Please, someone stop Brad Pitt. I think he must be angling for an Oscar or something. A few years ago (and a few reviews ago) the stinker Babel left me going yawn and now this.

If 3:10 to Yuma stood out as a harrowing tale of outlaws of the old west, this film showed the story of Jesse James last few years. They make the criminal mystical and paranoid. Perhaps true, but the script and portrayal lagged and failed to keep my attention.

I did watch it all the way through, hoping some revelation would make it worthwhile. Nope. And just when I thought it was over, there's more. An accurate documentary by someone say like Ken Burns would certainly be a better use of your time, and 1000% more entertaining.

Coos Bay and Myrtle Point have copies of the DVD.

IMDB
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0443680/

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good post.