Monday, March 10, 2008

Movie Review: 300


I've been avoiding this. I suspect I'll get a tad flamed for this review. Certainly I'm not ASKING for such a thing. See, the filmmakers based this on a true event. I get why they might do that, but the thing is, they violate history and that REALLY bugs me. Some people think the events accurately portray the life and times of King Leonidas.

Even worse, some people will accept mystical properties of this telling as real. Like it's a video game. I just wonder why they couldn't just let it be fantasy and leave it at that. Ah well, such is the way of Hollywood.

The plot? Three hundred Spartans and a handful of Greeks hold of thousands of Persian soldiers. Epic battles while at home Spartans bicker over politics.

There is entertainment here. Just view the "history" with a bag of salt. Lots of violence and sex too. Bandon and Coos Bay have copies od the DVD.

IMDB http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0416449/
.

No comments: