Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Made for TV Movie Review: 61*


Yankee buddies and rivals Mickey Mantle and Roger Maris duke it out to beat Babe Ruth's 60 home runs in a season record. While I'm not a fan of baseball I found this true story charming and well worth the viewing. I saw it a couple of months ago and still remember the camaraderie.

I enjoyed looking at the home lives of these players. How Mantle got the girls with his playboy good looks but Maris came in and settled him down. Their mutual support brought the team much success.

I liked what the reviewer said on IMDB about how director Billy Crystal lovingly portrayed his Yankee heroes. Now there's a guy who LOVES his baseball. Grab some popcorn and learn some history from this entertaining film.

Check out the DVD from Bandon or Coquille and Dora has a VHS tape.

IMDB:http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0250934/

Buy this film from Amazon: 61*


No comments: