Thursday, April 16, 2009

Not Much to Sing About for this Three Dog Night


I skimmed this documentary about Iraq. The biggest problem were the subtitles, but even just watching the images, I couldn't recommend it. First, it's a changing, uncertain environment. What and who we see may no longer exist in a country just a few short years from major combat operations. Second, it lacked a cohesive point for the program. Watch for news productions of current conditions.

People on IMDB loved it so take that for what you will.

Library: Bandon

IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0463971/

Amazon: The Dreams of Sparrows


This documentary explores the idea of flying saucers at Area 51 in the Nevada desert. I'm a big science fiction fan and you might think I like this stuff but you would be wrong. I think it's kinda silly. Plus, really this program didn't make any compelling arguments. I wish there were real evidence of something happening, I'm just of the mind that the likelihood is so slim as to make these people seem laughable.

Again, IMDB folks disagree.

Library: Bandon

IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0436251/

Amazon: Dreamland [Slim Case]


I'm so sorry I don't like thinking of people in the ways I thought of these folks. These have to be the dumbest people on the planet. John Force and his daughters drive drag racing cars and they evidently make enough money to keep doing it. While I like the idea of race chicks, this series depicts every one of his family members in a bad light. Dad's the biggest dufus of all.

If you want to watch a guy embarrass his daughters and himself, party on. Otherwise, find something else to watch. Hey, at least the IMDBers didn't much like this one.

Library: Dora

IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0499385/

Amazon: Driving Force - The Complete Season One

No comments: