Monday, May 26, 2008

Movie Review: Code 46


Tim Robbins stars as an investigator in a near future world where people cannot travel without the permission of the mysterious Sphinx. We're never really told why this world separates the haves from the have nots so clearly, other than the have nots live "outside" because they can't get "cover."

It seems to be some kind of insurance and you have to use a paper passport to move around the world. A code 46 means that people who have similar genetic make-ups can't have children together. Robbins character hooks up with the woman he's investigating and she gets knocked up.

The woman played by Samantha Morton, tries to help people get around the system and travel where they want. So much is packed into this film I think multiple viewings might help sort it through.

I know I say it every time I come across a film like this, but I just love my whole plan for reviewing library DVDs alphabetically. I hadn't heard of this film and I'm so glad I got to see it. Wow, there's a VHS copy in Lakeside and a DVD in Bandon.

IMDB
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0345061/

Buy it on Amazon
Code 46
.

No comments: