Saturday, May 3, 2008

Documentary Review: Chuck Jones: Extremes & In-betweens, a Life in Animation


Ah, I didn't realize until I started looking for it on the Internet Movie Database that this was a PBS episode of Great Performances. Sweet.

Lots of stars talk about Chuck's influence on classic Warner Bros. and other animation. Though an artist himself, his best skills come out when bringing together animators, voice acting and script.

I really picked up this film to show Murry. He's a HUGE fan of animation and I thought he'd get a kick out of it. I had no idea it might threaten his life. While watching he began to laugh so hard he choked on his sandwich. (He's fine, all is well.)

They showed a clip of a Daffy Duck cartoon called Truth or aHHHHHHH (Daffy scream) and ole Mur just couldn't handle it. I think I'll be picking peanut butter out of the carpet for the rest of my life. One character of a program we used to watch together, called Daffy the "Egyptian God of Frustration. " So he's quite dear to our hearts.

Chuck influenced the comedy of many. Including other animators, actors and directors such as Ken Burns, Whoopi Goldberg, Matt Groening, Ron Howard
and Robin Williams. So much diverse influence from such short films.

Please rush down to bandon and have a look for this DVD.

IMDB
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0255896/
.

No comments: