Friday, May 2, 2008

Just a few words

I haven't talked about the reasons for this blog in a while so it's time to retell the story.

I love to read and enjoy a huge variety of topics. In case it was missed with the occasional mention, I am legally blind. That means I don't see enough to drive, but I can usually manage to get around without the use of a white cane. I do have one for rough ground or visually confusing situations.

So my husband and I went in and got ourselves a library card. We checked out some books and some DVDs and were having a great time. Then I found the online catalog. OH MY GOD. A visual impaired person's who likes books nirvana. I could, and have, look up my favorite writers, topics, actors and topics. You name it, it makes the static shelves come alive.

It's not a complaint, I live in the real world, but I have a rough time finding books and DVDs on shelves. Dewey makes sense, yet he's my foe. The numbers are so tough to find. Not online. I can just pick a topic and go to town.

So I created this blog to share the neat finds on the system. I occasionally make a spelling mistake in the title box, because the contrast for Firefox spelling check doesn't show up as readily as in the body of the posts.

Feel free to alert me to an error. I will fix it immediately. Though be aware that sometimes I use creative spelling on purpose. Point it out anyway.

Thanks a lot for those who read. I'll keep posting.

No comments: