Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Movie Review: Catch and Release


I could have sworn I wrote a review of this film, but I guess I just looked something up on it. Jennifer Garner has an interesting personality. I'm a super big fan of Alias because she was this kick ass spy chick in that. Sadly, she's whiny and messed up in this film.

I'll give her that the character just lost the man she was about to marry, but still. I don't think we get a sense that she really cared about him. I do blame the poor directing and lame script.

Writer/director Susannah Grant didn't give us any reason to like anyone in this film. The men are sexist jerks and the women are judgmental witches. Even the hippy chick has no sense of the cruelty she's enacting. She just gets in everyone's face with how they should eat and their "energy."

If you can't wait for this to slow up on TV, head on out to Dora, Myrtle Point, Powers and North Bend for the DVD.

IMDB
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0395495/

Buy it on Amazon
Catch and Release
.

No comments: