Friday, May 16, 2008

Movie Review: The Chronicles of Narnia. The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe


I'd say it's about two weeks since we viewed this film. I watch tons of things at least a movie a day, I think it's a great sign that I still remember the film. I hadn't' read the books as a child, but I've seen elements of it elsewhere. I knew the story.

Four children are shipped off to safer territory during World War II. While lurking about the home of the man they're staying with, they discover a magical land inside a large wardrobe closet.

While there they fulfill a prophecy of being the ones who save the land from an evil ice queen. Lots of talking animals and mythological creatures. A war breaks out and the children lead armies into battle. Effects seemed adequate and the story spoke of betrayal, but ultimate honor.

It dragged a bit while we were waiting for them to get to the point. I'd say it's a good all around family film. Not as scary as some Harry Potter, but about the same caliber.

Coos Bay, Bandon and Myrtle Point have copies of this DVD.

IMDB
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0363771/

Buy it on Amazon

The Chronicles of Narnia - The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe (Widescreen Edition)
.

No comments: