Friday, May 23, 2008

Movie Review: 10 questions for the Dalai Lama


I just watched this today and while I think it's profoundly interesting, I found it difficult to understand the Dalai Lama speak. Murry read the subtitles to me and that helped.

Some issues with discussing the poor of India being happier than the wealthy really struck me as interesting. I just heard Madonna say the same thing about her experiences in Africa.

While I never had a wealthy lifestyle myself, I did watch the dissatisfaction in my sister's children. They behaved as if their parents owed them their tiniest whim. The very same kids went to their Jewish aunt's home and behaved with reverence during a short bible reading and lighting of the menorah.

I think that taught me that it isn't the poverty or the people, but about the values of people around them. The Dalai Lama tries to share his values of religious tolerance and peace. Spend some time with him and see what you think.

Find the DVD in Bandon.

IMDB
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0819354/

Buy it on Amazon
10 Questions for the Dalai Lama
.

No comments: