Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Soso Tuesday


Will Smith raises this above a dog, but just barely. He plays a military doctor who seems to be the sole survivor of a plague blanketing the world. Some people survive but turn into violent zombies who spread their disease by biting. Smith's character continues to search for a cure.

I'm told this resembles a film called Omega Man, but I haven't seen it yet. It reminds me of the earlier review of Dawn of the Dead. I enjoyed the relationship between the man and his best friend dog. As relationships on film go, I found it very touching.

Horror stories, even well acted, still don't thrill me. Lets face it, this just seems scary and horrible.

Library: Coos Bay, Dora, Myrtle Point, Powers and Bandon.

IMDB
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0480249/

Amazon: I Am Legend (Widescreen Two-Disc Special Edition with Digital Copy)


I can't quite figure out what Christian Slater does for a living in this film. I guess he's somehow involved in making Wall Street deals, but what it really means, seemed vague and convoluted.

He's brought into an oil deal after a friend of his dies. He tries to be diligent about the details but when people give him the runaround and cold shoulder, he stumbles upon a plot within the oil company itself. He finds they're buying oil from a fictional country the United States is at war with.

I'm not interested in plots that confuse me. I'd skip it and watch something like Broken Arrow. Far feteched plot as well, but at least it's entertaining and understandable.

Library: Dora and North Bend

IMDB
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0405861/

Amazon: The Deal


A married Clive Owen meets also married Jennifer Aniston on a train and starts an affair. They hook up in a hotel where a man breaks in and beats up and robs the man and rapes the girl. A few days later, Owen's character gets a blackmail call.

He goes to talk to the girl and find her hugging the attacker. He pays the blackmail but stalks the thieving pair and catches them in the act.

I found the plot too easily telegraphed. It seemed inevitable. Infidelity as plot point turns me off too. I didn't care about these cheaters enough to be shocked by the attack.

Library: Dora

IMDB
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0398017/

Amazon: Derailed (Unrated Widescreen)

No comments: