Thursday, November 6, 2008

Double Dog Day


This film depicts a nondescript girl preparing to set off a suicide bomb in the center of Times Square. Luisa Williams stars as she. Never named, never explained why she might wish to do this or who the people prepping her are. They also explain nothing of their agenda.

This profound topic might need an exploration similar to this, however, this has zero entertainment value. It went on too long and didn't make me wonder about the elements left in or left out. I wish to be moved. I like films that intrigue me. I expect that, in fact.

Bandon has the DVD.

IMDB
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0499455/

Look up additioanl information from Amazon:
Day Night Day Night


This fictionalized assassination of George W. Bush kinda freaked me out. It strikes me as bordering on treasonous to propose and confusing of history. They mixed stock footage of Bush visiting Chicago with personal interviews with staff, security, cops and suspects. The documentary style made it seem real.

Even being a huge liberal, I felt uncomfortable watching it. I wondered if the filmmakers hoped that someone would do this. I didn't like that. I don't agree with his politics but I believe in our system and he IS the president.

Some of the topics of who the perpetrator ended up being I felt had some validity in how it was portrayed. But I sincerely wish they'd picked a fictional figure head to play out the fake story. In my mind, nothing could save the film from that flaw.

Badon aslo has this film.

IMDB
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0853096/

Check out Amazon for information on this DVD:
Death of a President (Widescreen)

No comments: