Friday, November 7, 2008

Showtime Series Review: Dexter


ADULTS ONLY for this one. I wonder if I am a super dirty gal that I love all these adult only programs and comedy bits. Ah well.

Michael C. Hall plays serial killer Dexter. Though he's had his urges channeled into killing "bad" people. Mostly other serial killers. He lives his life as a sociopath with a set of rules that prevent him from killing "good" people.

I don't exactly know how I feel about the morality, I just find the twists the writers take fascinating. How they set up the "rules" for killing and social interaction. The voice over says he fakes all emotional contact, but it feels as though he may have more "true" emotions than even he realizes.

I'm a little squeamish about all the blood and the adult content doesn't stop with the violence. Lots of coarse language and naked breasts and backsides. Beware.

Coos Bay has seasons one and two, Bandon only has season one.

IMDB
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0773262/

Look for additional information on this DVD from Amazon:
Dexter - The First Season
Dexter - The Complete Second Season

No comments: