Friday, January 11, 2008

Movie Review: Grizzly Falls


I am no biologist and I have no direct knowledge of bears, yet I find much of what this portrays extremely scary. It implies a humanity to these wild creatures that could possibly hurt someone if they took it to heart. I hope adults would share with their children how much "movie reality" contrasts with the real world.

Ok, beyond that, the story has some issues. There's some Richard Harris scenes and voice overs that just detract from the story. I'm not sure if it's bad casting or bad writing. I suspect both. The actors, including the bear, seemed to be doing as over the top caricatures of who they were supposed to be.

The plot involves a grizzly who "kidnaps" a boy and takes him on a trip to retrieve her cubs. His father chases after them. Just writing this out makes me like the movie less. It IS simple and yet complex.

Look to Bandon for a viewing.

IMDB http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0196596/

OIVey

No comments: