Sunday, January 6, 2008

Movie Review: Brazil


Those who recommended that I see this film said I'd either hate or love it. Just to be defiant, I gotta say, I loved AND hated it. It's a tale of a weird rigid bureaucratic society that suffers from so many rules and regulations so nothing ever gets done. A man who works in a department where he's the only competent worker tries to fix a problem where a man was "arrested" by mistake.

The terrorist elements and ridiculous society make an amazing statement about current conditions in the United States. I wouldn't know about Britain, but it's a common theme in their literature and film. Even a small rule for Robert De Niro lends a nice element to the first 90% of the film. I'll not spoil, lets just say the "hate" part for me comes at the end.

Brazil can be found in Bandon.

IMDB http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0088846/

OiVey

No comments: