Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Movie Review Nanny McPhee


I'd call this a twisted Mary Poppins that may appeal to children. Though, it may scare and bore them instead. The love story seems a bit of an afterthought to try and appeal to adults who have to drag their kids to the movies. Emma Thompson plays the lead with gusto and Colin Firth and Kelly Macdonald do their best as the harried father and maid turned love interest.

I realize I fit a different demographic than they're going after, but I can be entertained by children's programming. I love Sesame Street. This film left me feeling "eh."

I did enjoy the special features where Emma Thompson talks about the books and how she translated them to film.

As always, pick it up at any one of these library branches: Dora, Lakeside, Coquille, Myrtle Point, Bandon, North Bend, Coos Bay or Powers.

IMDB http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0396752/

OiVey

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'd have to agree on this one. It was alright, not great. I didn't feel like turning it off, but I'm glad I didn't pay theater price for it.

-uberfrau