Saturday, September 15, 2007

Movie Review About a Boy


Since I am in a bit of a Brit mood, I'll talk about this quirky little gem. Hugh Grant stars as a jerky rich kid snot living off the coattails of his father's one hit wonder. He comes in contact with a boy who decides to befriend the rather lonely crotchety Grant. They help each other cope with their bleak lives. Toni Collette plays the boy's tragic emotionally distraught mother.

It would bore children, but adults will find watching the boy and the boyish man grow up. Look for About a Boy in Coos Bay, Bandon, Coquille and Myrtle Point.

IMDB http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0276751/

Buy it on Amazon
About a Boy (Widescreen Edition)

Download it from Amazon
About a Boy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HI Oi,
This is the first movie on your list that I've actually seen. I agree with you that this is a gem and a great movie. The only bad part about it was the reoccuring song, Killing Me Softly With His Song, ugh. Other than that it showed Grant's acting chops and was a touching film.

Herm

CourageUs said...

I think he did a good job in Four Weddings and a Funeral. I know he can act, he's just comes off mostly as a jerk.