Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Movie Review Because of Winn-Dixie


Oh my! THANK YOU Coos County Library system. I know I know, some of you will say it's contrived and cliché, I DO NOT CARE! I laughed so much at this sweet little movie about a 10-year-old girl who finds a dog to help her make friends in her new town. She lives in a trailer park with her rather confused dad played by Jeff Daniels. The little actress AnnaSophia Robb sweet laughter just charmed me to pieces. Look for Cicely Tyson and Dave Matthews and several other quirky townsfolk.

I'm not really sure why it got a PG rating but Because of Winn-Dixie will entertain the whole family. It can be found in Coquille, North Bend and Myrtle Point.

IMDB http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0317132/

Buy the DVD on Amazon
Because of Winn-Dixie

Wow you can even Download this on Amazon too.
Because Of Winn-Dixie

My friend told me the book was great too so here it is on Amazon too.
Because of Winn-Dixie

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Oi,

Ok, I've seen this one too. Actually we own it. I never would have bought it myself but my daughter absolutely insisted on getting it after she read the book. I liked how the various, previously lonely townspeople are brought together by the girl and her dog. And I love Dave Matthews.

Herm

CourageUs said...

Your daughter has good taste.