Monday, June 9, 2008

A collection of Watchable Reviews

As I said on Sunday, I'd make up for being lazy on the weekend with a post with extra films. The collections have some films that are less than watchable but at least some of the elements held my interest. I'll start with the shortest and just go from there.


At just over five minutes this short film won awards for it's sweet story and well done animation. I dig all the science fiction references and appreciate the lookin out for the little guy angle. I want to laugh more and therefore put the rating lower than other people might find it. Feel free to disagree and comment below.

Library: Myrtle Point
IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0331218/
Amazon: The ChubbChubbs!

A Collection of 2006 Academy Award
Nominated Short Films


As it sounds, this is a collection of films from around the globe that were nominated for an Oscar. Many of them are good, I especially liked Helmer & son about a family in crisis. Though it had subtitles my husband read them to me and it touched me very much.

IMDB for Helmer & Son: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0955271/
Amazon: A Collection of 2006 Academy Award Nominated Short Films (Including West Bank Story and The Danish Poet)


This series of vignettes all feature people around a table with the items in the title. I especially liked the guy and girl talking about Tesla. Murry loved the bit with
Alfred Molina and Steve Coogan discuss which one of them has more status. This film features a who's who of amazing people. Including: Roberto Benigni, Steven Wright, Steve Buscemi, Iggy Pop, Tom Waits, Cate Blanchett, RZA, Bill Murray and others.

And Jim Jarmusch wrote and directed this whole thing. I'm just tired writing it all out.

Library:Bandon
IMDB:http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0379217/
Amazon: Coffee and Cigarettes

Ok, enough for right now. Comment and tell me what YOU think!

1 comment:

1minutefilmreview said...

Loved 'Coffee & Cigarettes'. We're Jarmusch fans too.