Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Soso Documentaries


Intriguing. People on IMDB loved this film. It's alright. I just felt it didn't really show enough and it's old data. Try and find something newer that documents the space shuttle program on film. Maybe I'm just too jaded.

Look at the Amazon collection of DVDs on space though. That might be a way to go. I know many are at the library.

Library: Myrtle Point.

IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0089050/

Amazon: The Dream Is Alive (IMAX)
The IMAX Space Collection (Hail Columbia/The Dream Is Alive/Blue Planet/Destiny in Space/Mission to Mir)


Echoes of the Blue & Gray Volumes I & II

This documents a bunch of Civil War soldiers on film along with discussions of their life. I'm no war buff, but I found this rather dull. Try Ken Burns on "The Civil War". That has tons more interesting information and organized and presented better.

Library: Bandon.

IMDB: No Information

Amazon: No Information

Eisenhower on D-Day

Again, I'm no war buff and I would have liked to know a lot more details of Ike's life, interests and personality. Though do watch the special features instead of the main film. They run through the information better. It's done by the History Channel.

I'm pretty sure Gerald McRaney did the narration but I can't find anything on it on his IMDB list.

Library: Bandon.

IMDB: No Information

Amazon: America's Greatest Victories: Eisenhower on D-Day Dvd! History Channel


Joe Esposito tells all about the king's life from the time he met him to his death in 1977. I'm sure a real fan would find all the behind the scenes life history quite interesting. For me, it just went on long and didn't give me anything that really intrigued or enlightened me.

Library: Bandon.

IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0327680/

Amazon: Elvis - His Best Friend Remembers

No comments: