Friday, June 19, 2009

Gem Review: Eagles: Hell Freezes Over


This band sung the background to my teens so they're a huge favorite of mine. I still have Don Henley in my head while he sings about forgiveness. Each bandmate sang new and old tunes, sharing the spotlight.

I chose not to watch all the special features because I didn't really like seeing the little bit at the start of the concert. I felt it detracted from the music and didn't quite explain the title and such. Nonetheless, I still loved it.

I liked that they played from their rock AND country roots. Take it Easy is one of my favorite all time songs. Of course they started with the beautiful poetry and melodic sounds of Hotel California.

Look in Bandon for both the music cd and DVD of this concert.

IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0123815/

Buy the DVD from Amazon: The Eagles - Hell Freezes Over

No comments: