Thursday, June 25, 2009

Some Thoughts

I decided to let today's review shine. I can't decide among the dogs I got on my list.

I was thinking about the library and its site. There's a steering committee that seems to have disappeared from use. No one monitors it and I'm the last post back from April. But there it sits, prominently on the front page of the library site.

I realize I'm narrowly focussed on the DVDs but the whole system has so many interesting things going on. I've wanted to read a book and they did or did not have it so I would request it. Found out the other day you can "hold" magazines. Just the old stuff, but that's pretty cool.

I'm still trying to get them to fix the Ed Wood Box Set. So someone can place a hold on any of the films in the collection. I'd also like them to allow patrons to hold older DVDs only in Coos Bay and North Bend. I mean a working person in Dora might like to see Children of a Lesser God, but as it stands, it's only in Coos Bay. I suppose it would make more work, they'd have to have two categories. One for new DVDs one for old.

I have an idea for doing flyers and permission to put them up in Coos Bay. Though I should check again. We got a new printer so I have a good chance to actually get it done.

OKAY, enough for now. Party on. If you have any questions about the library, I can try and find answers. Leave a comment.

No comments: