Friday, May 1, 2009

Double Dog Day


This combination had nothing in common other than I guess they're both horror films. The Poe story follows an obsessive man who likes the neighbor girl across the way.He watches her from his window, being all stalkery. When hetries to date her and she tries to be polite but she's just not into him.

While they're out on a date, he introduces her to his handsome friend. The Girl and friend make eyes at each other and the dopey suitor doesn't catch on. When he sees them getting it on he becomes enraged and lures his friend to his house and kills him.

His guilt makes him hear the beating of the dead man's heart, driving him insane. It's an okay story, I just thought the poor quality of the production and I think it went on a bit long. I think I got the right IMDB listing. I don't usually look at the titles, choosing to rely on the library for data, but they didn't give much detail about this one.

IMDB : http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0056565/

Wes Craven's Chiller, I found nearly unwatchable. I got the plot within seconds and the bad acting and stupid story urged me to skip forward. Sure it's got Paul Sorvino, but everyone else couldn't find any star power with the Hubble telescope.

A rich young man gets brought back to life after he's been cryogenically preserved for many years. Doctors cure whatever disease killed him, but he's not himself. He's evil okay. His mother denies that he's anything but her little angel boy. Blah blah who cares.

If you decide to get this DVD, just watch the Poe story.

IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0088912/

Library: Bandon, Coos Bay, Coquille, Lakeside & Myrtle Point.

Amazon: Wes Craven's Chiller & Edgar Allen Poe's The Tell Tale Heart Horror (Double Feature)

No comments: