Monday, May 18, 2009

Movie Review: Religulous


Controversy thy name is Bill Maher. This "mockumentary"asks questions about deeply held belief in the bible and world religions. Though he concentrates on United States Politics, he does go to Israel and the Vatican.

He tosses around some statistics on people who "don't believe" and I'm a little skeptical of the numbers. While it may be people who take surveys may say they choose no faith, that doesn't mean they all agree how that should look. He argues that such people make up 16 percent of the population and yet have no lobby in Washington.

I do love Maher. I think he mocks some folks when it's just as easy to let them alone. Though I do think he brings up lots of really good points. I question everything. I appreciate thoughtful balanced discussion of all topics. I do admire director Larry Charles for leaving in when people stormed off during a discussion.

Look for this thought provoking film in Bandon, Coos Bay and North Bend.

IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0815241/

Buy the DVD from Amazon: Religulous

No comments: