Monday, March 2, 2009

Movie Review: Definitely, Maybe


Ryan Reynolds plays a sweet guy dad telling his daughter about meeting her mother and we learn a lot about his love life. It's told in flash back and he decided to change names to throw his daughter off. We're somewhat lead astray by one of the characters, April played by Isla Fisher, using the movie's title early in the film.

I like seeing people fall in love and have a nice romance. It's a little disconcerting and distracting some of the things the film implies he's telling his little girl. Like one of his girlfriends was dating an older man and stuff like that. But to be fair, I didn't think about that until later. It fit right in the story line.

I guess it's a chick flick and so some men might squirm. I say gather your sensitive mate or a bunch of gal pals and make some popcorn and have tissues handy.

Library: Coos Bay, Dora & Powers

IMDB
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0832266/

Buy this DVD from Amazon:Definitely, Maybe (Widescreen)

P.S. I decided to switch up Gem and Good for this week. Hopefully, I'll find some new films for my gems soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good movie. Thanks for this site.