Friday, February 22, 2008

Movie Review: Baraka


You may call this film a gem of sight and sound exploring global humanity as the filmmakers have. I just call it a bore. They purposely didn't provide any context for the sights and sounds and that totally frustrated me. I want to know who these people were, the context of the chants, where and why they're doing what they do or did.

I LOVE the world and all the variations people spin into their own lives. When I travel, I love to eat and drink local cuisine and listen to local music. Heck I love living on the Oregon Coast because of the sights, sounds and food. When an image I recognized popped on screen, it gave me comfort to know something. I want a story.

Bandon, Coos Bay and North Bend have copies of this DVD

IMDB http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0103767/
.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, i dont know what to say.. But this is awesome.

Btw, i MISSED YOUUUUUUUUUUUU

CourageUs said...

The movie Baraka or the Blog? heh Hi Xlin. You're welcome to login to irc and look for me.