Saturday, December 15, 2007

Movie Review The Razor's Edge


I like to stick to DVD reviews, but since this is one of my favs I'll make an exception. I can't say I'm a Bill Murray fan. He has this quality that seems like he's "acting" all the time. This is one rare example where I believed him as the character he plays.

A pair of wealthy friends go off to deliver an ambulance to help WWI injured soldiers. The experience changes then and upon return Murray's character finds himself restless. He decides to travel and try and make sense of his malaise. He ends up in India seeking enlightenment. After those experiences, he moves to Paris and runs into his wealthy friends again.

Outstanding performances by Theresa Russell and Catherine Hicks. They managed to twist my heart into knots with their acting.

Please dig out your VCR for this fine film. VHS only copies at Coquille and North Bend. I couldn't get into it but the novel by W. Somerset Maugham is in Bandon and North Bend. There's also an Audio book.

IMDB http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0087980/

Buy the DVD from Amazon
The Razor's Edge

Buy the BOOK from Amazon
The Razor's Edge

No comments: