Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Movie Review The Big Country


Gregory Peck swoon. This story tells of a sincere man who knows when to fight and when to let it go. He finds himself caught between his bride-to-be's family and another ranch over water rights. He tries to intervene and bring some calm, but long standing grudges win out.

I hope you like this 1958 classic as much as I did. The DVD is in Bandon, and VHS copies are in Coos bay and Lakeside

IMDB http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0051411/

OiVey

2 comments:

nolocontendere said...

I really enjoyed this one with it's great cast and score. It's the best western I've seen with that "fish out of water" motif as Peck doesn't fit in with local macho hubris. I was literally shocked at how good Burl Ives was.
And how can anyone not get into a film with a fistfight between Charlton Heston and Gregory Peck?

CourageUs said...

I especially liked that Heston was just one of the cast, he wasn't Mr. Moviestar. Thought I suppose it was a bit early for him. AND I liked that the fistfight was in private. Classy.

Oi