Saturday, December 1, 2007

Movie Review Being John Malkovich


To call this film weird does not begin to impress upon your mind the depth of strangeness portrayed. John Cusack leads as a puppeteer who takes a day job working for a strange little corporation on half a floor. Everyone has to stoop in the office. It's just bizarre.

I didn't recognize Cameron Diaz until I saw her name in the credits. The marvelous cast and strange story would make this film a gem, but I didn't like the dark and grubby set design and a few creepy sex scenes.

It's a shame North Bend has the only copy of this film.

IMDB http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120601/

OiVey

1 comment:

nolocontendere said...

I thoroughly enjoyed this quirky art house romp when I caught it several years ago. The thrust of the movie was so off kilter that it stood alone at the time for it's inventiveness. Just the bizarre scene of a world filled with Malcoviches was worth the admission price.