Thursday, October 15, 2009

Dog Review: The Dark Knight


Yep, this is me calling Batman a dog. Yep, I know Heath Ledger won the Oscar for his performance. I think it's just guilt for overlooking him for Brokeback Mountain. I liked Christian Bale in many things before, but he just got over dark and broody in this film.

Here's what I miss: a plot with a purpose. If you are just a bad man like say The Joker, you have to have some motivation for being so violent. I need to see some childhood trauma, some industrial accident or just some therapy session gone terribly wrong.

OK, I'm not dumb, I get that this is a comic book film. I just expect a LITTLE depth. Why protect people if you do it in ways that risks them as much as the bad guys?

It looks like every branch except Lakeside has a copy. Look for the DVD in Bandon, Coos bay, Coquille, Dora, Myrtle Point, North Bend, Powers and SWOCC.

IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0468569/

Amazon: The Dark Knight (Widescreen Single-Disc Edition)

No comments: