Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Blog Blues

Well, not really. I live a pretty positive happy life and I keep the blues away on purpose. I spent a lot of my life being unhappy and now I just refuse to be that way without a darn good reason.

I've been reading a book on marketing and the writer, Seth Godin, talks about doing something "remarkable" so that your customers tell their friends about what your business is doing. I thought, I'm not remarkable. Well, *I* am, but the blog isn't. That's OK, honest. I just thought, hmm what can I do to change that. How could I possibly make writing this thing something you want to tell your friends to read.

Tons of folks write reviews. I thought maybe it would be a fun niche to focus on the library. I STILL love it, suprising considering I tend to be flakey and quit doing things after a while.

It's still just so much fun popping a film in and finding something different and going WOW. So I keep getting the DVDs and keep picking through the dogs in order to celebrate the gems.

I plan to stretching myself to write more remarkable posts. I realized that I can do that with bad as well as good ones. Ok, so now I have a solid beat the blog blues plan. Feel free to comment on posts. I want to hear from you.

I'll try and hit a double post tomorrow. I just wanted to share something different today.

1 comment:

Buzzy said...

I enjoy reading your blog! It was quite (pleasantly) surprising to discover that someone checked out movies from Coos County libraries and reviewed them. Keep up the great work!