Friday, August 21, 2009

Gem Review: Ever After


I bought this film based on the advertising and just loved it from start to finish. Drew Barrymore will positively charm your socks off as she falls in love with her prince. Yes, it's a nice take on Cinderella, but with so much more spunk and pizazz.

Look for a sarcastic performance from Patrick Godfrey as Leonardo Da Vinci and Anjelica Huston makes an EXCELLENT evil step mother. The wicket stepsisters show up as one super mean the other just trying to get along.

In a battle of wits with some gypsies, our heroine bests them with logic and saves her prince from capture. Many many references that I honestly don't get but charm me none the less. They imply political and economic changes that I believe happened at different times in French history ,but I don't care. I laughed, cried and felt a part of it all.

Myrtle Point has the only DVD but you can find several VHS copies in Coos Bay, Coquille, Dora, Lakeside and North Bend.

IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120631/

Please rush out and buy this on DVD. It's a keeper: Ever After - A Cinderella Story

No comments: