Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Doctor Soso


Many call Stanley Kubrick a genius and while I get that his films are indeed super interesting, I'm not a fan. This film had some bits that were really funny but over all I just don't get why it's so popular. It's one of those you would study endlessly in film school. That's fine, if that's your thing, more power to ya. Study your little heart out.

It's about nuclear war and crazy military people and trying to stop it all from going to hell in a hand basket. ENJOY! heh

Library: VHS; Bandon & Coos Bay. DVD; Bandon, Myrtle Point, North Bend & Powers.

IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0057012/

Amazon: Dr. Strangelove or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb (Two-Disc Special Edition)


Lionel Barrymore and Lew Ayres star in this soap opera like medical drama from the 1940s. Young doctor Kildare helps a colleague treat a patient others believe untreatable and insane. If you like this kind of thing, have a watch. I found it so dated that I hardly remember even seeing it.

Library: Coquille.

IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0032416/

Amazon: Dr. Kildare's Strange Case


I saw ths seris when it was on TV and while it's somewhat interesting I wasnt much into it. A lady becomes a fronteir doctor in a time most women didn't work or go to college. There may be women who managed this feat, but I'm not confident that it was realistic. If you're really into Jane Seymour, this will hold your interest.

Library: Series 1-5 on DVD in Coos Bay. VHS unspecified in Coquille.

IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0103405/

Amazon:Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman: The Complete Series

No comments: