Tuesday, January 13, 2009

A break from Tuesday Tradition

Normally I review soso films on Tuesday, but I decided to do add a Gem to the week. I might do the same thing on Thursday too. We'll just play that by ear.


They subtitle this the "gallant pig" and while I didn't put that up in the top, it fits nicely. If you're not charmed by this little tail (spelling intentional) of a big hearted pig who learns to manage sheep. He makes friends easily and finds himself at a competition going against world renowned sheep dogs.

James Cromwell plays the farmer with an understated air of confidence. Lots of people voice the animals and for the most part the film depicts live animals. I avoided seeing this thinking it would be silly and hokey. I just loved it.

Check out Bandon for the DVD and Bandon, Coos Bay, Dora and North Bend for the VHS.

IMDB
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0112431/

Buy this DVBabe (Widescreen Special Edition)
D from Amazon:

No comments: