Monday, September 8, 2008

Movie Review: Pretty Woman


Just recently I saw an entertainment news story about how Julia Roberts had a body double for some of the more exposed body scenes. I'd heard this years ago, and I still think, so what? She had a enough guts to play a prostitute, though a well meaning heart of gold type.

After Richard Gere, inadvertently picks her up looking for directions, he decides to hire her to be his companion for a whole week. The rather mixed up pair fall for each other. Gere's character lives for raiding companies of their assets, but just can't relate to people on a deeper level.

Educating the fallen woman into polite social structures helps to soften his edges and remove the ice from next to his heart. She learns to start thinking of herself as worth more than a call girl.

This film leads me to think that people can change quickly when influenced in the right direction. Yes, I know it's fiction, I just liked the way they made me laugh and cry in equal amounts within the same two hour experience.

North Bend has the DVD and look for the VHS in Powers, Coos Bay, Lakeside, Bandon, Coquille and Dora.

IMDB
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0100405/

Buy the DVD from Amazon:
Pretty Woman (15th Anniversary Special Edition)

No comments: