Monday, September 28, 2009

Good Review: Failure to Launch


Parents Kathy Bates and Terry Bradshaw can't get Matthew McConaughey out of the house so they enlist fake girlfriend Sarah Jessica Parker to give him an incentive. The trouble is, she really falls for the goofy guy, and he still maintains his commitment issues.

I might have rated this higher, but the whole subplot about nature hating McConaughey's character turned me off. I didn't like the campy way animals kept biting him. Everything else made me laugh and feel for these parents and the childish guy friends.

Zooey Deschanel charms as Parker's quirky roommate. I just can't say how much I love Bates and she just proves how much she deserved Oscar notice. Watch out for Terry Bradshaw's naked behind though. This film isn't for kiddies. It's funny as hell and part of the plot, but I probably could have done without seeing naked old man butt.

Look in Bandon, Dora, Myrtle Point and North Bend.

IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0427229/

Buy this DVD from Amazon: Failure to Launch (Special Collector's Edition)

No comments: